“Everybody treats you like an equal. There is no one that tries to make themselves look better than anyone else. It is a family type atmosphere.”-Clay Modlin, Regional Field Technician
Regional Field Solar Technician
To Apply: Please send a resume to [email protected] . Attn: Eva Windsor. Only applicants willing to travel, learn, work hard (and with salary expectations that fall within the available salary range), should apply.
· SouthEast (NC)
The Regional Field Service Technician is responsible for working to maintain utility & commercial inverters, PV Solar equipment and customer site equipment. Duties include but are not limited to: commissioning, troubleshooting, repairing, and analyzing utility & commercial inverter applications, regular working with low & medium voltage electricity, and maintaining excellent customer service activities while assigned at customer site(s).
- Commissions, troubleshoots, repairs, and analyzes utility & commercial inverters, PV Solar equipment and customer site equipment in the field, via email, and telephone.
- Develops a detailed knowledge of SMA and other Utility & commercial inverter products, associated PV accessories, site equipment and third-party accessories that are sold by SMA and installed at a customer’s site for use with the inverters.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the applicable National Electric and Electrical safety code(s) (NEC, NFPA70E, NESC, OSHA)
- Regularly works with high voltage DC electricity, Low & Medium voltage three phase power, SCADA or 3rd party monitoring and the relevant software and firmware of the inverters site equipment.
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction while striving to lower the costs of site service.
- Working from heights, on ladders or lift equipment. Experience with forklifts is a plus.
- Will work from Remote Home office and travel as required to SMA or customers sites.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
- An Associate’s Degree or applicable military training or experience in a technical field is strongly preferred.
- At least 2 years experience in PV Solar and/or PV Solar O&M or at least 3 years of experience in electrical, electronic and/or network communications is preferred.
- Electrical License or Electrical Contractors license preferred.
- Knowledge of solar and/or alternative energy markets is preferred.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code(s) and Electrical Safety Code(s) is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required. German and/or Spanish language skills are a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) is required.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively.
- Travel is required.
- Must be willing to work in variable weather conditions, lift potentially heavy equipment and complete physical labor tasks.
· Salary is negotiable based on previous experience.
· Extensive Travel.
· Range $45,000-$55,000. Benefits included. Relocation expenses not provided.
· Travel, hotel, and food expenses are paid for. Vehicle and tools provided.